Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: Hai Lúa
#11 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 10:20:02 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure I understood you. You want to bookmark the URL instead of pasting them inside the YTK file? Remember that if you play the youtube file inside a browser, Youtube can decide to display ads over the video - this will suck big time on a party. And even w/ this approach, if the video get terminated by Youtube, it is also gone?
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về
User: tkaraokeuser
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:11:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure I understood you. You want to bookmark the URL instead of pasting them inside the YTK file?

>> Yes, not necessary the whole fancy IE or Firefox or Chrome browser, but some mechanism similar to "bookmarks" within a so-called "browser" embedded in TKPro that is capable of fetching and displaying Youtube contents. W/ "bookmarks", I mean users can do it w/ just a click of the mouse or a simple combo of hot keys. They don't have to open an external browser to look for the content they like, copy its URL, open a text file, paste it, type out the name for the file and save it somewhere before they can eventually play it within TKPro. This is what I mean.

Remember that if you play the youtube file inside a browser, Youtube can decide to display ads over the video - this will suck big time on a party.

>> Reading this line of yours, my understanding is that: "Using the text file w/ .YTK extension approach, w/ version 1.5.069 TKPro can kill Youtube ads when displaying Youtube content" - do I understand it correctly? I haven't tested this out yet but will do to see if it is the case. If it's not, a popular and free player such as KMPlayer, at earlier and less "buggy" versions, does allow users to search, browse and play Youtube content w/o displaying any ads. It might be worth looking at.

And even w/ this approach, if the video get terminated by Youtube, it is also gone?

>> Youtube content is certainly out of our hands, we just can't control over its existence under this fetching and streaming method. However, a mechanism similar to "browser" would give users much faster and more importantly, direct access to its content; save them time; and allow them to easily and conveniently validate their existence and/or change their selections.

It is said that what users desire about a product would hinge around the usefulness and convenience of any products. Usefulness is certainly important and I already thanked and praised you for getting this TKPro feature on your agenda; but on top of that, I'd say convenience is what keeps users coming back for the product or even decide whether to use it at all.

This is just my 2 cents. I can see that anh locky and Lacquan hit on the "Thank" button of my previous post. Just guess they have the same thinking or at least find this reasonable. After all, it is really up to you to find if it is feasible and/or easy for you to implement. As a user, just simply think I should voice my opinion and concerns somewhat. Thanks for your reply, anh V. :)

Edited by user Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:20:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User: Viet Ngo
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 8:11:04 AM(UTC)
I agree with tkaraokeuser. If you're hosting a karaoke party and someone asks for a karaoke song that you don't have but is available on Youtube, you want to be able to quickly copy and paste the Youtube link to TKaraoke without going through the process of modifying a text file and reloading the TKaraoke application. Normally, if you know a karaoke song on Youtube that is not available on your songbook, you just download and add it to your collection already.
User: Lạc_Quan
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 10:34:13 AM(UTC)
Hiện tại mình đang dùng Tkaraoke program để hát karaoke, nếu ko có bài hát ở trong hard drive thì mình phải open YouTube tìm bài hát rồi hát thôi.

Nếu ở trong Tkaraoke có browser YouTube thì chỉ click vào đó sẽ link to YouTube, tìm bài hát rồi hát thôi.

Nếu có thì rất là tiện lợi, còn ko có thì mình vẫn sài như cũ [biggrin]

Happy Karaoke [hat kara]
Mixer: Behringer XR16
Mixer: Roland VS-2480 CD
Mixer: Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
Monitor Speaker: Roland Power Speaker DS90A
Headphone: PreSonus HD7
Microphone: Wireless mic Sennheiser eW100 G2(old mic), cable mic e835, condenser mic Shure KSM32
User: theunknown
#15 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 2:54:46 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the implementation. I agree with Tkaraokeuser that creating the text file is a bit of a hassle.

Is it too difficult http://forum.tkaraoke.co...e-feature.aspx#post61329 ?
#16 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 4:41:04 PM(UTC)
Hi V

Can you try to see if you could play this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cCwfNWq38

I added the ytk file per your instruction, the video plays but no sound. When I played it on youtube, it does have sound. Thank you!
#17 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 4:45:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theunknown Go to Quoted Post
Hi V

Can you try to see if you could play this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cCwfNWq38

I added the ytk file per your instruction, the video plays but no sound. When I played it on youtube, it does have sound. Thank you!

Add the line "webm" in your ytk file. This is a known bug and will be addressed soon. For now, use the "webm" workaround.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:56:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
Add the line "webm" in your ytk file. This is a known bug and will be addressed soon. For now, use the "webm" workaround.

when I put a webm in the file, I get a black screen.

My text file content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cCwfNWq38
webm
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:35:47 PM(UTC)
Try replacing "webm" with "720p" in your content file. I tested it and it works fine. Quality is pretty good.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2014 6:54:36 AM(UTC)
Thank you V.. this is working for me now. Any reasons why this one has to be done in that special way?