Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: ghiendoc
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 8:29:33 PM(UTC)
Not sure what I did wrong...please help!
I've tried (for the last couple days, it's my first time with zero exprerience with TKT) to use TKT1.0.0.037:
- The 'Rename Songs' tab works beautiful, but....
- The 'VOB to MKV' tab just did not work for me (my co-worker also report me with the same problem, he has Win 7, and I'm still using Win Vista).
This is what happened..., I ripped about 10 karaoke DVD's by using DVD Decrypter (I tested, and they played just fine with TKaroke software), they all located directly in my computer hard drive
1) At TKaraoke Tools, I select 'VOB to MKV' tab, Browse to the Source Folder location, showed 'Found 20 files' (as expected for the disk in this example)
2) I keep everything as default setting, then move to select the 'Output MKV Files' to direct to the valid directory on my desktop location
3) Finally, select button 'Convert VOB to MKV', it seems that something is running behind the screen (meaning everything is in 'gray out' display (except the Tab Names)
After step 3, EITHER one of these 3 results happened:
a- About 15 minutes passed, at the upper left corner of the display showed '5% complete', and I obtained the 1st MKV file, then that's it, even I let it run for overnight, next morning is still with the only one MKV file, '5% complete' indicator is still there, but nothing else happened...(OR)
b- With some other DVD's, after a couple hours, the upper left corner showed '100% complete', but then when I check the location at step 2 above, it's just EMPTY..... (OR)
c- With some other DVD's, it just hung up forever (overnight), with the upper left corner showed (0% complete)
I did try to delete and re-down loaded TKT1.0.0.037 (from TKaroke forum site), for the 3rd time, but still run into the same problem as above
Please help.....
User: Nu_B
#2 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 9:37:54 PM(UTC)
Which DVD's are you having trouble with?
Maybe non-standard format DVD's?
[lol]
Try some PBN or Asia DVD to verify if the PC has problem with TKT software

Edited by user Friday, February 10, 2012 9:41:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My PC fights cancers
http://folding.stanford.edu/
UserPostedImage
#3 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 10:32:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nu_B Go to Quoted Post
Which DVD's are you having trouble with?
Maybe non-standard format DVD's?
[lol]
Try some PBN or Asia DVD to verify if the PC has problem with TKT software

Actually, I have a total of about 80 karaoke DVD's by Asia and PBN in my collection.
I did try both but they did not help as well...

For the latest up-date, I just want to share with you that it seems to help the TKT get back to working condition. As you all knew that after ripping DVD, the result yielded to a song/a VOB file, but with an addition of 2 files names: VTS_01-Stream Infomation, and VTS_01_0.
Please, don't ask me why, but when I deleted these above 2 files, all of the sudden, TKT does work now, just completed the 1st ever convertion 1 DVD (VOB to MKV).

Last question, it took me more than two hours for a 20 song DVD convertion, is it normal (or) anything I can do to speed it up....

Thanks, I do appreciate your help
User: Hai Lúa
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:35:41 AM(UTC)
There are options in SmartRipper for you to set to not generate those files. See the tutorial of SmartRipper for more info. Two hours for 20 songs is average. You can use a faster computer to speed it up to under an hour. TKT focus on quality instead of speed so you are better off spending 1-time time and get better quality output that you will be using many times.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về
User: hoa4mau
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:09:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ghiendoc Go to Quoted Post
Actually, I have a total of about 80 karaoke DVD's by Asia and PBN in my collection.
I did try both but they did not help as well...

For the latest up-date, I just want to share with you that it seems to help the TKT get back to working condition. As you all knew that after ripping DVD, the result yielded to a song/a VOB file, but with an addition of 2 files names: VTS_01-Stream Infomation, and VTS_01_0.
Please, don't ask me why, but when I deleted these above 2 files, all of the sudden, TKT does work now, just completed the 1st ever convertion 1 DVD (VOB to MKV).

Last question, it took me more than two hours for a 20 song DVD convertion, is it normal (or) anything I can do to speed it up....

Thanks, I do appreciate your help

Yep, I think you are on the right track. Just only keep the vob files you wanna to convert, the others might got conflict with the process.
You can convert real fast if you select "Lossless conversion" but doing so will not reduce the file size.

Good luck
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:58:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DJ Vcdz Go to Quoted Post
There are options in SmartRipper for you to set to not generate those files. See the tutorial of SmartRipper for more info. Two hours for 20 songs is average. You can use a faster computer to speed it up to under an hour. TKT focus on quality instead of speed so you are better off spending 1-time time and get better quality output that you will be using many times.

Yes, focusing on quality is the absolute right direction that TKT should go....I just raise the question with the hope not to overlooking something during my learning process.
Thanks for your help,
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:31:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hoa4mau Go to Quoted Post
Yep, I think you are on the right track. Just only keep the vob files you wanna to convert, the others might got conflict with the process.
You can convert real fast if you select "Lossless conversion" but doing so will not reduce the file size.

Good luck

Thanks for the tips.

I have one more question to ask for help...
There're a couple kara DVD's with the reverse audio tracks in my collection, so I want to convert them to MKV files with the standard audio tracks (singer to track 1), the steps I did as follows:

1- Ripping DVD to VOB==> no problem
2- Converting them to MKV by using TKT, since my source DVD has the reverse audio track, so on TKT, ==> audio setting, I decided to check on the circle 'Singer voice on track 2', then click 'Convert VOB to MKV'
3- Ok..., more than 2 hrs had passed, I got the 'completed' product, feeling good because I saved more than a half of the memory (1.52G vs 3.65G), but....
4- when playing the final MKV files, the video is just fine, the singer voice is back to track 1 (as what expected), but when I want to switch to track 2 (music), the singer voice just pause momentarity then continue...another word, I can not turn off the singer voice.

I did not have this problem, with the same DVD's (before converting them to MKV).
What did I do wrong? please advice, thanks
User: Nu_B
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:33:17 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the tips.

I have one more question to ask for help...
There're a couple kara DVD's with the reverse audio tracks in my collection, so I want to convert them to MKV files with the standard audio tracks (singer to track 1), the steps I did as follows:

1- Ripping DVD to VOB==> no problem
2- Converting them to MKV by using TKT, since my source DVD has the reverse audio track, so on TKT, ==> audio setting, I decided to check on the circle 'Singer voice on track 2', then click 'Convert VOB to MKV'
3- Ok..., more than 2 hrs had passed, I got the 'completed' product, feeling good because I saved more than a half of the memory (1.52G vs 3.65G), but....
4- when playing the final MKV files, the video is just fine, the singer voice is back to track 1 (as what expected), but when I want to switch to track 2 (music), the singer voice just pause momentarity then continue...another word, I can not turn off the singer voice.

I did not have this problem, with the same DVD's (before converting them to MKV).
What did I do wrong? please advice, thanks

Some DVD's (especially English DVD's) would have that problem. I think it uses complicate video structure.
The bottom line is the karaoke audio track got replaced by the vocal track so that both audio tracks are the same vocal track.

If you post one or two files that you have problem with on here, the staff would take a look at the problem.
BTW which DVD are you talking about? Maybe we came accross those earlier.
My PC fights cancers
http://folding.stanford.edu/
UserPostedImage
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:44:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nu_B Go to Quoted Post
Some DVD's (especially English DVD's) would have that problem. I think it uses complicate video structure.
The bottom line is the karaoke audio track got replaced by the vocal track so that both audio tracks are the same vocal track.

If you post one or two files that you have problem with on here, the staff would take a look at the problem.
BTW which DVD are you talking about? Maybe we came accross those earlier.

==> '...If you post one or two files that you have problem with on here, the staff would take a look at the problem.':
I used to use MU for posting things but not familiar with MF, I'll take time to learn about the task and will send the files to you later

==> '...BTW which DVD are you talking about? Maybe we came accross those earlier':
One of them is TÌNH PLATINUM Karaoke 6(Just dl from TKaraoker forum two days ago), the other one is VÌ ĐÓ LÀ EM (By Biển Tình & Nguyên Khang),please see attached songlist below:

NK Karaoke_01 - Nguyên Khang - Vì đó là em
NK Karaoke_02 - Nguyên Khang-Khúc thụy du
NK Karaoke_03- Nguyên Khang-Còn một chút gì để nhớ
NK Karaoke_04-Nguyên Khang-Bản tình cuối
NK Karaoke_05- Diễm Liên- Người qua bóng tối
NK Karaoke_06-Nguyên Khang-Radio buồn
NK Karaoke_07-Nguyên Khang-Bến quạnh hiu
NK Karaoke_08- Nguyên Khang -Bài không tên số 2
NK Karaoke_09-Nguyên Khang- Chiếc lá cuối cùng
NK Karaoke_10-Nguyên Khang, Diễm Liên- Diễm xưa, rồi mai tôi đưa em
NK Karaoke_11- Nguyên Khang- Về đây nghe em
NK Karaoke_12- Nguyên Khang- Tưởng niệm
NK Karaoke_13- Ni Ni- Lệ buồn tiển đưa
NK Karaoke_14- Nguyên Khang- Mưa êm trôi
NK Karaoke_15- Nguyên Khang- Nhớ về em
NK Karaoke_16- Diễm Liên- Điệp khúc Samba
NK Karaoke_17- Nguyên Khang-Tình lầm lỡ
NK Karaoke_18-Nguyên Khang- Bài không tên số 8
NK Karaoke_19- Diễm Liên- Tình đời nghệ sĩ
NK Karaoke_20- Nguyên Khang- Tình đơn côi

Thank you very much...
User: Hai Lúa
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:05:24 AM(UTC)

When this happen, run TKT again and check "TKT lost my audio track". BTW, you should test with 1 song first to make sure it's correct before spending the time to convert the whole DVD. You can see the % completed and if it's more than 0%, you can see which file it finished and play that file. If there are problems, cancel the rest and try different options instead of waiting for the whole DVD to finish.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về