Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: cay bua
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:54:03 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the advice for a starting point...I'm sure others will find it useful. i will definitely check out those mics/mixer, and I already have a pretty good home theater system. Totally agreed with you on sound quality as #1, then simplicity for the family to use.
I have also bought 2 hard drives 3TB each over last black friday ($200), but i have 0 songs yet...any suggestions how to get some good songs with organized song lists? newsgroup kinda all over the place, and Mplayer is expensive (but has 30k songs). would appreciate a pm on this.
User: SeadooGsx
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:55:35 PM(UTC)
@baldinghamster:
I just want to add little more information about the noise you have. There are 02 noise common in sound system:
1/ "Hiss" noise : usually hear when gap between song ( no music) this is normal. But you can eliminate it by using Gate
2/ "Hum" noise : usually hear when gap between song ( no music, Duh... with music ai nghe duoc noise gi, chi nghe tieng ca si ro^'ng thoi :0)).
This case you can try to Lift Ground of power connector or if you have dimmer light same circuit try to turn it off.
If None of solution in 2/ can't help you, but your friends start coming for party then do solution 1/ .

Hope this help
User: baldinghamster
#33 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:55:06 PM(UTC)
Seadoo, sorry I haven't answered you sooner.

I actually found the solution by myself and posted it here: http://forum.tkaraoke.co...Noise-from-computer.aspx
If anyone has a similar problem have a look at the thread. Thanks to all for taking the time to answer
User: jomsjoms
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:03:46 PM(UTC)
Great post! this helped me a lot!
User: Duy 13
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:50:32 AM(UTC)
can anyone help me connect these machines:
-pa-303xg ampli
-Mackie mixer 1202-vlz
-dbx 266 xl compressor
-alesis nanoverb 18bit digital effct processor.
I don't know how.thank you very much
User: petabb
#36 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 8:35:51 AM(UTC)
Thanks !!!!
User: Learning
#37 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2016 8:23:27 PM(UTC)
Thank you
AR 3600HD
QX1002USB mixer
Eurolive B112D speaker
Wireless mic
User: colsoh
#38 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 9:50:07 AM(UTC)
Hi, I want to post issues on my system here for suggestions on how to improve the system sound. I have Yamaha S115v passive speaker, Peavy power sub, Yamaha EMX512-SC, and Line 6 XD-V35 wireless microphones. I used 1/4" (not XLR) cables to connect everything. The problem that I have is the vocal part does not sound as good/details as when I add music into the mix. Vocal alone sounds very good to me. However, when I turn the karaoke music on, the vocal seems less detail, and I have to sing a little bit louder/harder. I don't have the gain option on both my power mixer and microphone. Also, not sure if this will improve with XLR cables. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
User: Nu_B
#39 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 12:43:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: colsoh Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I want to post issues on my system here for suggestions on how to improve the system sound. I have Yamaha S115v passive speaker, Peavy power sub, Yamaha EMX512-SC, and Line 6 XD-V35 wireless microphones. I used 1/4" (not XLR) cables to connect everything. The problem that I have is the vocal part does not sound as good/details as when I add music into the mix. Vocal alone sounds very good to me. However, when I turn the karaoke music on, the vocal seems less detail, and I have to sing a little bit louder/harder. I don't have the gain option on both my power mixer and microphone. Also, not sure if this will improve with XLR cables. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think you can individually control the volume of the first 4 mono inputs for your mic's. (Hint: Turn Level knob to change the volume).
Likewise you can control the volume of your music connected to 5/6 or 7/8 or 9/10 line inputs.

http://www.sweetwater.co...o6iVvz5flmd7IaAhO38P8HAQ
My PC fights cancers
http://folding.stanford.edu/
UserPostedImage
User: Lạc_Quan
#40 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 4:10:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: colsoh Go to Quoted Post

I am not using this type of mixer. Just give u an idea to try it out.

Try to test out 1 speaker for Main and 1 speaker for Monitor, stack the Monitor speaker on top of the Main speaker, in the back of the mixer the speaker output channel A is for Main and channel B is for Monitor. If it is work out then buy another pair of speaker.

Main EQ setting: You can set the eq like a smile face or custom the eq frequencies to your like. Note: no fx return going to Main. This way you have natual sound output of the vocal and karaoke music.

Monitor EQ setting: Using Mointor side to make vocal sound better by adjusting the EQ more different than the main EQ, cut the EQ LOW frequencies so the vocal sound clear. Control the fx return so vocal has fx.

Balance: Each Main and Monitor has a Master volume, you adjusting those knobs to balance the vocal and karaoke music.

Microphone channels: Use channels 1-4. Adjusting EQ, fx, and compressor.
Music Karaoke: Use channels 9/10 or 11/12. Adjusting EQ only NO fx(off)

Edited by user Friday, April 22, 2016 4:12:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mixer: Behringer XR16
Mixer: Roland VS-2480 CD
Mixer: Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
Monitor Speaker: Roland Power Speaker DS90A
Headphone: PreSonus HD7
Microphone: Wireless mic Sennheiser eW100 G2(old mic), cable mic e835, condenser mic Shure KSM32