Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: WFH
#51 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2011 8:13:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DJ Vcdz Go to Quoted Post
Try out the implementation (click on SONGS on the upper-left) and see if it's usable or not.

Nice! A couple of suggestions:

• Make it so that the default listing order of the songs is alphabetically instead of numerically. Listing the songs order numerically really has no advantages.

• The autofill function should be that when a suggestion result is clicked/tabbed, it goes straight to the song instead of having to click on "Tim" before it gets to the song. Saves us another step.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2011 8:24:53 AM(UTC)
The width of the phone is small, can't fit more columns. If we need more columns, each row must break into multiple lines. As of right now, you can click on the song name you saw to see the details (ca si, loi nhac, tac gia, v.v.).

My phone has a 4 inch screen so I put it on landscape mode to view the listings (on portrait mode, the font is much too small). It looks to me right now the box for the listings only fills a little over 1/3 of the screen on my phone. I think there's enough room to easily add another column to it. On some songs with a long name, just let it extend to another line.

Singers name column should be included. There are many covers of the same song performs by different singers. Users browsing the songs should be able to tell which cover is performed by which singer. This is especially important when it comes to picking a male/female version.
User: Hai Lúa
#53 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:30:38 AM(UTC)
The songs listing "by name" page has been updated to include singer, songwriter, album, and lyric info. Sample page: all songs started with letter N. The singer name and songwriter names are clickable - clicking on it will search for all songs sang/wrote by that singer/songwriter.

The default is sorted by "song number" and is reserved for future use - future will be sorted by popularity, songs you searched more often will show up first in the list.

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:34:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về
#54 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:09:38 AM(UTC)
The songs listing "by name" page has been updated to include singer, songwriter, album, and lyric info. Sample page: all songs started with letter N. The singer name and songwriter names are clickable - clicking on it will search for all songs sang/wrote by that singer/songwriter.

Some nice changes. I especially liked that singer name and songwriter name are clickable. One thing, can you make it so that once we click on the singer name or songwriter name that their songs be sorted alphabetically instead of numerically? This is because the song numbers are arranged based on the file formats of the songs before the name of the songs. Take a look at my songbook and search for Minh Tuyet for an example.

Quote:
The default is sorted by "song number" and is reserved for future use - future will be sorted by popularity, songs you searched more often will show up first in the list.

I don't like that the songs are sorted numerically (no advantages other than neatness), but the default listing is sorted by popularity is a great idea! I hope it gets implemented soon.

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:30:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#55 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:13:09 AM(UTC)
Also, can you put the Search Box on the song browsing page and do away with the links to "Songs" and "Home" altogether? That will save us a few more steps. As of right now once you're browsing the songbook, you'd have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on "Home" (small font) to go back to the Search Box.

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:29:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:54:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WFH Go to Quoted Post
  • The autofill function should be that when a suggestion result is clicked/tabbed, it goes straight to the song instead of having to click on "Tim" before it gets to the song. Saves us another step.

This is now implemented.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
User: tUyET dEn
#57 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:06:40 AM(UTC)
nice work![thumbup] [thumbup]
keep it up!!![vo tay] [vo tay]

#58 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:44:25 AM(UTC)
The Online Songbook site will optimize precisely for your device's resolution. It will disable zooming on your device and always in "auto zoom" mode. Hence, the entire screen fit perfectly with the page. Right now, the zooming is very bad and you can "zoom off track" - not very useful and hard to navigate/use.

To help us optimize precisely for your particular device, visit the page below and that page will display a message showing your device resolution. Post that resolution in your reply together w/ your device name (droid, samsung x, etc.). If that page display an error message, post that error message also.

Visit this page to get your device resolution.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
User: tUyET dEn
#59 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 9:08:43 AM(UTC)
320x473 for HTC Incredible....

but i won't use it much...
the song list is for guests, not the owner, i suppose..

#60 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 9:13:09 AM(UTC)
This is now implemented.

I noticed that. Excellent!