Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: jpham
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2020 10:14:47 PM(UTC)
Hello,

I've been reading through this forum and am trying to put together a home karaoke system in my living room (~400sf). I've already decided on the TKaraoke Package 7A, Shure BLX288/SM58 and xr12 but wanted your opinions on the speakers.

Would you recommend any of the below or any other systems around the same price ranges?
Bose L1 1S + B2
2 x IQ12 + B1200d
2 x Bose S1 Pro + B1200d

Thanks!
User: Viet Ngo
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 07, 2020 4:42:53 AM(UTC)
I don't have any experience with IQ speakers. My friend has Bose L1 model II with B2 bass module and Tonematch mixer. This system is good for music playback. But I don't like it for karaoke or live performance. I have heard Bose S1 at a bubble tea store and am not sure if it's suitable for karaoke. I have a pair of Bose F1 812 in my living room for music playback. I like these speakers. Due to the high clarity of these speakers, it's not easy to EQ the microphone if the singer voice is weak and needs the help of echo. Therefore, I still use my old JBL speakers and sub for karaoke. If I can get rid of all of those speakers, I would get a pair RCF Art 735-A MK4 15 in speakers and one Electro-Voice EKX18SP 18" sub. I really like the horns of the RCF speakers. To be honest, the RCF speakers have enough bass that you don't actually need the sub.
User: klover
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:57:11 PM(UTC)
I've heard many good reviews about the EV evolve 50, you might wanna check that out...