Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: TieuLinhTu
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 6:19:27 AM(UTC)
Hi Hai Lúa,

How about the Kodi’s volume amplification! It can amplifiy the sound nicely when watching movie and can be set as default. It does not cause distortion. Please check it out. It is in the volume icon.
User: Hai Lúa
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 6:23:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TieuLinhTu Go to Quoted Post
Hi Hai Lúa,

How about the Kodi’s volume amplification! It can amplifiy the sound nicely when watching movie and can be set as default. It does not cause distortion. Please check it out. It is in the volume icon.

It uses the same technique as our Auto Volume. However, movies are easier because they typically only do 1 default audio track and people already do it when they upload the movie (google ReplayGain). For karaoke, there isn't much people out there that deals with it (except Asians maybe?) so I have to write my own tool to do it for both audio tracks.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:00:16 AM(UTC)
This Auto Volume feature is a very good feature. I'm impressed when trying it out in my garage. Download my volume.data file and check it out. Do let me know your feedback though - future builds can even improve a little bit.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
User: thanhle2999
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:17:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
This Auto Volume feature is a very good feature. I'm impressed when trying it out in my garage. Download my volume.data file and check it out. Do let me know your feedback though - future builds can even improve a little bit.

I think the audio analysis uses the rms value to determine the volume level. If a song has more soft than loud, I wonder it the loud portions get distorted or clipped. Will try..
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:35:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: thanhle2999 Go to Quoted Post
I think the audio analysis uses the rms value to determine the volume level. If a song has more soft than loud, I wonder it the loud portions get distorted or clipped. Will try..

It's the same algorithm that were used in XMedia Recode so if you are happy w/ that volume normalization, you should be happy w/ Auto Volume. The only difference is that in Auto Volume, your songs are not being modified directly and the volume.data file contains the analysis data so that the volume can be adjusted at run time.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:29:55 PM(UTC)
Starting with build 33, the volume.data file will come built-in with TKaraokeUSB so you don't have to download it and put it on your hard drive. This file will be up-to-date on each new build that comes out. To add additional volume data or overwrite the built-in data, you can put the JSON file inside the "Volume Data" folder.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
#27 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 3:47:53 AM(UTC)
I think you mention the Auto Volume is done pre-amp. If a singer hits song he/she didn't like the adjusted volume, can he/she use the +/- volume on the remote control to restore the original level? Thanks
#28 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 4:56:06 AM(UTC)
I think you mention the Auto Volume is done pre-amp. If a singer hits song he/she didn't like the adjusted volume, can he/she use the +/- volume on the remote control to restore the original level? Thanks

You can always adjust the device volume using the up/down key. Pre-amp volume is even before the device volume in the pipeline and currently the user can’t adjust. I thought about letting that user override the preamp volume but didn’t want to make the GUI more complex/confusing.

BTW, if you encounter a song that you don’t like the adjusted volume, I’m curious which song is it because the adjusted volume is well within the safety margin so the chance that it will clip if virtually zero. There are logic in the Auto Volume to prevent gains over a threshold so unless the song is a speech with 80% silent and 20% talking really loud, it shouldn’t be a problem. The assumption is what you are playing is a song of some kind, not a speech [laugh]
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
#29 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 6:00:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
You can always adjust the device volume using the up/down key. Pre-amp volume is even before the device volume in the pipeline and currently the user can’t adjust. I thought about letting that user override the preamp volume but didn’t want to make the GUI more complex/confusing.

BTW, if you encounter a song that you don’t like the adjusted volume, I’m curious which song is it because the adjusted volume is well within the safety margin so the chance that it will clip if virtually zero. There are logic in the Auto Volume to prevent gains over a threshold so unless the song is a speech with 80% silent and 20% talking really loud, it shouldn’t be a problem. The assumption is what you are playing is a song of some kind, not a speech [laugh]

Thanks. I know you set the ceiling for low volume gain -- That is safe and great.
The analysis tool you are to provide to the users, does it analyze all audio tracks in a song or only limit to two?
#30 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 6:07:54 AM(UTC)
Thanks. I know you set the ceiling for low volume gain -- That is safe and great.
The analysis tool you are to provide to the users, does it analyze all audio tracks in a song or only limit to two?

Up to 2 audio tracks. If your song has more than 2, track 3, track 4, etc. will play w/ their default volume.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông