Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: Hai Lúa
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:15:58 AM(UTC)
I downloaded the file for reference here: Song in Queestion.

When I first played it on my Dell Sound Bar on my computer using VLC 3.0, immediate it doesn't sound right at the beginning. I wouldn't say it's distorted but the instrument is very harsh, not pleasing for the ears. I just can't stand the metallic guitar intro. Playing in Adobe Audition yields the same result. If you look at the waveform (see below), you'll see that intro amplitude doesn't get clipped but toward the end, it certainly is too loud. Given that the intro isn't near clipping point, I doubt what you hear in TKaraoke is clipping but rather bad music your ears were just trying to resist. Say if somehow TKaraoke added an extra 1 db gain to the audio signal, then you definitely can hear it toward the end, not the beginning.

UserPostedImage
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:16:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Codonminhanh Go to Quoted Post
Tv to stereo system via optical, what kind of DAC do you use?

No DAC, my stereo system takes in optical directly.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
User: Codonminhanh
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:33:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
I downloaded the file for reference here: Song in Queestion.

When I first played it on my Dell Sound Bar on my computer using VLC 3.0, immediate it doesn't sound right at the beginning. I wouldn't say it's distorted but the instrument is very harsh, not pleasing for the ears. I just can't stand the metallic guitar intro. Playing in Adobe Audition yields the same result. If you look at the waveform (see below), you'll see that intro amplitude doesn't get clipped but toward the end, it certainly is too loud. Given that the intro isn't near clipping point, I doubt what you hear in TKaraoke is clipping but rather bad music your ears were just trying to resist. Say if somehow TKaraoke added an extra 1 db gain to the audio signal, then you definitely can hear it toward the end, not the beginning.

UserPostedImage

Can you explain why when playing this same song in vlc app or youtube app inside the shield, this issue doesn't exist?

Are you saying tkaraoke added an extra 1db to the signal? Or was that just an example?

-Karaoke KHP 8856
-Behringer XR12
-SonyM50/HeilRC35; Line6 V75; Audio Technica 1102
-QSC K8
-Behringer B1200D Sub

#34 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:41:54 AM(UTC)
I clearly said "IF somehow...". I played on both VLC 3.0 and Audition on the computer and already can hear something unusual about this song. I'm sure Audition doesn't add any gain to the sound when playing back. Sound quality is very subjective and the only thing not subjective about it is the waveform.

Edited by user Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:44:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông