Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: Hai Lúa
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:53:44 AM(UTC)
A lot of thoughts have been given into the following pricing plan. Any pricing has to balance between affordability and features. If it costs too much, fewer users can afford to buy. If it costs too little, we can't allocate enough programmers to add useful features into the app.

This is the current pricing and is subject to change without notice.

1. App cost: $5
2. 4K Playback option: $10
3. Custom Song Server option: $20
4. Custom Background option: $5
5. Songbook app integration option: $15
6. Auto Volume and Pitch Shifting option: $10 (depending on how much they charge us for library licensing fee)
7. VIP Server access: $5/m

Instead of summing up all the options and add that into the cost of the app, the user has options to pick which to pay for. For example, someone without a 4K TV would care less about the 4K playback option. As another example, someone w/o any song would care less about the custom song server option.

Typical usage scenarios:
A. You want to host your own songs and control via songbook app: Cost = #1 + #3 + #4 = $45
B. You want to mainly use YouTube songs/shows: Cost = #1 + #5 = $20
C. You don't have any song and want access to a huge collection: Cost = #1 + #7 = $5 + $5/m, cancel anytime
D. You want to host your own songs and the voice search feature is sufficient: #1 + #3 = $25
E. You want everything: Cost = #1 + #2 + #3 + #4 + #5 + #6 = $65

Edited by user Wednesday, March 01, 2017 7:04:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về
User: TD_624
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:03:42 AM(UTC)
Smart move.... congrats to TKaraoke Team[biggrin]
Kara system :
- x32 rack (mixer)
- e845s Wire Mic
- EV ELX115P (speakers)
- Roland KCW1 Sub
=====================================

Anh Cứ Đi Đi
User: locky
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:23:02 AM(UTC)
3 & 5 should be free for TK Pro users.
I don't think that I can convince my friends who already had TKPro license to go with this app.
This one is smart move, use can get more new users,but not TKPro users.
[mad]

Edited by user Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:52:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User: ISAYGLD
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:21:26 AM(UTC)
For the sake of efficiency, why the hell I want my PC to host the songs while the songs are already on an external HDD?
Why can't you change some line of codes for the Android device to read off the ext. HDD connected to the android box?
And just write a nice interface so we can control off our phones/tablets.
Just do / copy what other android boxes (KTV, P.A.X, A1) are doing.
Also, you have a nice community to support you on reporting bugs and suggesting new features.
Now, that will be the smartest move.

User: tUyET dEn
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:32:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ISAYGLD Go to Quoted Post
For the sake of efficiency, why the hell I want my PC to host the songs while the songs are already on an external HDD?
Why can't you change some line of codes for the Android device to read off the ext. HDD connected to the android box?
Also, you have a nice community to support you on reporting bugs and suggesting new features.

I believe reading from ext. Hd is the next step for TK on android. It listed somewhere in the roadmap...

#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:32:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ISAYGLD Go to Quoted Post

A popular quote tech CEOs usually use is "I don't skate to where puck is, I skate to where the puck is going." The concept of streaming (local or online) might not be familiar to you but that is where the world is going. That being said, there is nothing wrong with having hard drives directly connected to your devices and TKaraoke is planning on supporting that (see my roadmap). You shouldn't bash the streaming concept neither. Here are a few advantages of the Song Server:

1. Many affortable devices don't support large hard drive (large enough to hold the entire high quality collection) out of the box - Nvidia Shield included (Google it).
2. If you have more than 1 TV (one in living room, one in garage, for example), you don't need to buy 2 hard drives and maintain the songs on both drive. For example, adding more songs would have to add to both drives. This saves cost and time.
3. Your preferences (your recently used songs or favorite songs) persist doesn't matter which TV you use
4. Searching and preview image generation will be a lot faster on a computer than a low-end ARM-processor device
5. If you go to your friend house, you can configure his box to use your own Song Server. Your friend is nearby so most likely using the same ISP - streaming over WAN probably isn't so much of an issue. All the songs you are familiar with now appear on your friend's party.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:38:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: locky Go to Quoted Post
3 & 5 should be free for TK Pro users.
I don't think that I can convince my friends who already had TKPro license to go with this app.
This one is smart move, use can get more new users,but not TKPro users.
[mad]

Show her the voice search feature and she will buy in a heartbeat - I guarantee or money back!
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:46:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
Show her the voice search feature and she will buy in a heartbeat - I guarantee or money back!

Now, just for me (not for friends who already have TKPro), i'm thinking over is it worth it to go with this app ?
For voice search is nice but when we host karaoke (loud music environment) mange through songbook online much better than.

#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:51:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: locky Go to Quoted Post
Now, just for me (not for friends who already have TKPro), i'm thinking over is it worth it to go with this app ?
For voice search is nice but when we host karaoke (loud music environment) mange through songbook online much better than.

I have tested it with a really loud environment, voice search works flawlessly. If it doesn't quite work for you, I suspect the remote might be the issue. MiBox is cheap and works great. Also, Google is taking care of payment and they impose their own fees (30%) on top. I can't give you coupon for being a Pro user as I'm not processing payments. The VIP Access will be outside of Google payment system and I plan on giving coupon for Pro users there.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:06:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
I have tested it with a really loud environment, voice search works flawlessly. If it doesn't quite work for you, I suspect the remote might be the issue. MiBox is cheap and works great. Also, Google is taking care of payment and they impose their own fees (30%) on top. I can't give you coupon for being a Pro user as I'm not processing payments. The VIP Access will be outside of Google payment system and I plan on giving coupon for Pro users there.

There is no issue with my remote at all, i'm not interesting for vietnamese voice search on karaoke. Since I've knew there is a vietnamese voice search, almost use for youtube and for TK I still love to use songbook online.
We have number of songs like you (just more or litle less), no reason to buy a VIP to streaming your 30,000 songs online of course they will be slower than our local songs.
Also for pitchshift, XR12 is better than TKPro .....
[laugh]

Edited by user Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:15:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified