Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: theunknown
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 5:06:01 AM(UTC)
Hi V

I messed up a few times when using the TKT tools to rename the files. The tool rename it incorrectly, and I was not sure why until I did some investigation.

I downloaded some collection from any NuB on newsgroup. I noticed over 900 files have the .mkv.mkv file name. I want to get rid of the extra .mkv; hence, I used tkt tool to get a list of names, then I compared it

I noticed that when TKT gets the names from a designated folder, it sorts the name by alphabetic not in order as I see it in the windows explorer. I think this is the reason why it screws when I did a mass rename

Please see the attachment.

theunknown attached the following image(s):
Capture.PNG (112kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
User: Hai Lúa
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 6:55:27 AM(UTC)
Did you use TKT to generate the list before you made the mod to remove the .mkv extensions? TKT will always process files in alphabetical order.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Em ơi nhớ trả chớ hề xin tha
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
Trả cho hết nợ, may ra có chồng
#3 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 8:52:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
Did you use TKT to generate the list before you made the mod to remove the .mkv extensions? TKT will always process files in alphabetical order.

I use TKT to generate the list.
Paste in Notepad(as you can see in my screenshot), do a Find & Replace
Select ALL, Paste in TKT renaming

How come to output from TKT is not in the order like the files in windows explorer? It is a bit misleading.

#4 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 9:01:33 AM(UTC)
You can sort the files in Explorer by file name and it should look the same as in TKT.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
#5 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 9:11:49 AM(UTC)
You can sort the files in Explorer by file name and it should look the same as in TKT.

Are you serious V? LOL. I did that many times, and it does NOT sort it like TKT does. This is why I think there is an issue.

I am using TKT 1.1.042

#6 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 9:29:12 AM(UTC)
Just curious why do you care the order if TKT renames files correctly? Or are you saying TKT didn't rename correctly (i.e. assign the wrong names to the video file)?
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
#7 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 10:09:54 AM(UTC)
Just curious why do you care the order if TKT renames files correctly? Or are you saying TKT didn't rename correctly (i.e. assign the wrong names to the video file)?

COrrect, it was wrongly renamed/assigned the wrong names to the video file. And it was a lot of them. Good thing I still have 3000 zip files that I could re-extract, but I am afraid it will happen again.

Edited by user Monday, May 16, 2016 10:14:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User: TieuLinhTu
#8 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 7:50:49 PM(UTC)
Why don't you use bulk rename utility to rename or remove the extra mkv and period. It is free and easy to use!
User: toitoitoi
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:11:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theunknown Go to Quoted Post
Hi V

I messed up a few times when using the TKT tools to rename the files. The tool rename it incorrectly, and I was not sure why until I did some investigation.

I downloaded some collection from any NuB on newsgroup. I noticed over 900 files have the .mkv.mkv file name. I want to get rid of the extra .mkv; hence, I used tkt tool to get a list of names, then I compared it

I noticed that when TKT gets the names from a designated folder, it sorts the name by alphabetic not in order as I see it in the windows explorer. I think this is the reason why it screws when I did a mass rename

Please see the attachment.

Thêm 2 số không vào để làm thành three digits number
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:32:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: toitoitoi Go to Quoted Post
Thêm 2 số không vào để làm thành three digits number

Nhung cai van dde khong phai la them 2 so khong. Ma TKT detects no' in order khong giong voi cai windows explorer.

Cai screenshot Toi attached la ben trai la output cua TKT generate from cai folder ben phai cua screenshot. Hai cai khong going nhau

Vi vay Toi nghi ly' do ma` file rename incorrectly la` vi` no' khong in order.

@TieuLinhTu

Minh khong biet ve software nay. Thong thuong hay dung TKT dde lam vi co' sang, nhung chac phai mo` dden ca'i Bulk Rename ultility ma` ban dda gioi thieu, vi chan co' nhan dduoc response gi cua nguoi developer cua cai TKT nay.