Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: anhthuongbe03
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:18:09 PM(UTC)
After the installation, can TKaraoke be run by a regular user instead of admin or users with system privilege?
User: Hai Lúa
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 6:56:19 AM(UTC)
Certain features in TKaraoke needs admin access. The app was written before Windows introduced UAC and there is very little user not running TKaraoke as Admin so there wasn't much of a motivation to change it.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Em ơi nhớ trả chớ hề xin tha
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
Trả cho hết nợ, may ra có chồng
User: anhthuongbe03
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:15:58 PM(UTC)
I believe you are well aware of certain risks can be introduced to the system when users running software required with system privilege as in this case. Tkaraoke sw should be modified or implement so regular user accounts can run the sw as that is the norm. This feature will help to protect user system from malware and backdoor access and to give them absolute confidence and peace of mind by the integrity of sw developed by a group of smart and talented Vietnamese group who sincerely care for their fellow Vietnamese consumers as well as supporters.

Now my willingness of trying to support TKaraoke by buying TKaraoke is left with one last question =>

Can Tkaraoke sw be installed and run in completely standalone system without network or internet connection?
Is that possible, bac Hai Lua?

If not, then I guess I have to go to my secondary choices as such Arirang, Unify, ... to be safe.

Thanks.

User: Hai Lúa
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 8:32:19 PM(UTC)
You need online access to activate the license. Once it is activated, you can use it completely offline.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Em ơi nhớ trả chớ hề xin tha
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
Trả cho hết nợ, may ra có chồng
User: theunknown
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:34:22 PM(UTC)
Keep in mind u cannot use the online song book to queue the song when it is offline.
User: liquidxryu
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 08, 2016 7:49:16 PM(UTC)
I find this very frustrating that we cannot run TKaraoke as a user account. I have other people using this computer which is connected to the internet and I DO NOT want anyone to have admin access to the PC!!!! We all paid for this app and you guys NEED to fix this problem!
User: Nu_B
#7 Posted : Friday, December 09, 2016 7:03:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: liquidxryu Go to Quoted Post
I find this very frustrating that we cannot run TKaraoke as a user account. I have other people using this computer which is connected to the internet and I DO NOT want anyone to have admin access to the PC!!!! We all paid for this app and you guys NEED to fix this problem!

This is not a problem. Remember this app was created over 5 years ago when MS has very little security restriction.
It is a "Desired" change to accommodate request from certain people.
[blush]
If it is not too complicated to implement, Mr. Hai Lua ... Please do it.
[blink]
On the other hand if it takes a major revamp of the code then I can buy back this gentleman's key so that he can switch to whatever app that he feels comfortable with.

Edited by user Friday, December 09, 2016 7:06:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My PC fights cancers
http://folding.stanford.edu/
UserPostedImage
User: liquidxryu
#8 Posted : Friday, December 09, 2016 12:18:02 PM(UTC)
Yes, thank you for the reply. It would be much appreciated if you guys can get this to work under a user account. I used TKaraoke Pro once on my pC via the administrator account. Long story short, malware/virus's got installed and I quit using TKaraoke as as none of my pc's use administrator accounts. Hopefully, some of us users will have some good news!