Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: jefft
#1 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 1:49:30 AM(UTC)
Hi
It is my first time connected to my TV. Everything works fine except there is a humming sound when i tried to skip the current song to the next. Is it normal? Everything is fine when I let it finish the current one and play the next song in the queue (ie no interruption). Tried different clips, disabled system speakers to no prevail. I also noticed that without stopping the current playback, simply closed Tkaraoke player, the noise will start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My laptop is HP dm3 with AMD processor & ATI video/audio chip set, 4GB memory & Win7 premium 64. It is thru HDMI connection.
Thanks
Follow up:
I have tried the following:
1. Connected the audio signal to my mixer directly using headphone_out on my laptop (no HDMI connected). No issues from skipping 1 to the next.
2. Replaced HDMI cable. Same behavior
3. Tried video playback on Youtube and Netflix with HDMI connection. Arruptly turn off browser without pausing/stopping the video clip, i am able to reproduce the humming noise. Reopen the browser, the noise would go away (same behavior as Tkaraoke)
4. Verified on latest ATI driver. Same issue
4. Do not have this issue playing back on laptop/desktop with Win7/Vista.
Seems like this issue only happened with HDMI connection. I like to know if anyone here is experiencing the same problem. Thanks

Edited by user Friday, March 12, 2010 3:02:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User: Hai Lúa
#2 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 8:29:47 AM(UTC)
I'm on HDMI connection to a 1080p TV. No noise when skipping a song or quitting TKaraoke while it's playing a sound. Sounds like it's your sound card that's causing this.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về
User: Nu_B
#3 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 8:52:11 AM(UTC)
jefft wrote:
Hi
It is my first time connected to my TV. Everything works fine except there is a humming sound when i tried to skip the current song to the next. Is it normal? Everything is fine when I let it finish the current one and play the next song in the queue (ie no interruption). Tried different clips, disabled system speakers to no prevail. I also noticed that without stopping the current playback, simply closed Tkaraoke player, the noise will start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My laptop is HP dm3 with AMD processor & ATI video/audio chip set, 4GB memory & Win7 premium 64. It is thru HDMI connection.
Thanks
Follow up:
I have tried the following:
1. Connected the audio signal to my mixer directly using headphone_out on my laptop (no HDMI connected). No issues from skipping 1 to the next.
2. Replaced HDMI cable. Same behavior
3. Tried video playback on Youtube and Netflix with HDMI connection. Arruptly turn off browser without pausing/stopping the video clip, i am able to reproduce the humming noise. Reopen the browser, the noise would go away (same behavior as Tkaraoke)
4. Verified on latest ATI driver. Same issue
4. Do not have this issue playing back on laptop/desktop with Win7/Vista.
Seems like this issue only happened with HDMI connection. I like to know if anyone here is experiencing the same problem. Thanks

You connect from your LT to TV using HDMI both ends.
Do you connect from TV output to Mixer input? Or the problem is right there at the TV?
My PC fights cancers
http://folding.stanford.edu/
UserPostedImage
User: jefft
#4 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 10:45:35 PM(UTC)
newbie_y2k wrote:
You connect from your LT to TV using HDMI both ends.
Do you connect from TV output to Mixer input? Or the problem is right there at the TV?

I connected the laptop to TV only, no mixer, via HDMI. The humming sound is from TV speakers. I connected directly from LT to Mixer via lt_audio out, bypassed TV all together, without having any problems. It may be driver issues with the chipset. I will try to mute the TV speakers, connect TV audio-out to mixer to see if the TV speakers are the source. Thanks
User: jefft
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:21:31 AM(UTC)
Vcdz382 wrote:
I'm on HDMI connection to a 1080p TV. No noise when skipping a song or quitting TKaraoke while it's playing a sound. Sounds like it's your sound card that's causing this.

Thanks. After a few experiments, I am thinking the same.. Seems like HDMI driver on my card is doing some weird stuff :)
User: ALF
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:07:31 AM(UTC)
Could be the R/F interference from your TV. It may help if you move the LT further away from the TV.
“Một trà, một rượu, một đàn bà
Ba cái lăng nhăng nó quấy ta
Chừa được thứ nào hay thứ nấy
Hoạ chăng chừa rượu với chừa trà.”

===
Tú Xương
User: jefft
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:38:02 AM(UTC)
ALF wrote:
Could be the R/F interference from your TV. It may help if you move the LT further away from the TV.

Thanks I tried that.. I will try to move it some more to see if it makes any different.
User: ALF
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:21:54 AM(UTC)
Did you try to disable the "Windows notification Sounds", if not - Go Here
“Một trà, một rượu, một đàn bà
Ba cái lăng nhăng nó quấy ta
Chừa được thứ nào hay thứ nấy
Hoạ chăng chừa rượu với chừa trà.”

===
Tú Xương
User: DJTV
#9 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 2:39:41 PM(UTC)
I have the same issue too. My LT is Sony Vaio Core2 Duo T6600 4Gb Ram ATI 512MB VRAM with HDMI out. I fed the signal to the TV through HDMI/DVI on the TV and the sound out from the LT Headphone to the PC Speakers. Every time I change the song (ie: next song on CUE) While the song is loading, the humming noise is very noticeable. I went out and bought External Sound card, the noise was cut down a little bit, but the noise still there when you feed it into the Mixer/Amp. The only time I can cut it down to minimum is when I lower the TKaraoke Volume and crank up the amp a bit more.

May be the TKaraoke sound codecs or plugins need to be check? Just my observation. Have fun with your TKaraoke while it last.

Thank you.

BTW, I used the same laptop to DJ using Numark CUE SW and the sound came out nicely without any hum.

Edited by user Monday, March 15, 2010 2:43:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User: chotnhoav
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:54:29 AM(UTC)
I think most likely the power outlet on house not ground well. Try not to plug all device in the same outlet or outlet near by. If using HTPC or Laptop, try to plug in power surge center unit or it own power outlet. Most Motherboard have built-in audio will have this problem. Also when your computer run hot, all fans motor rank up speed, this will cause weir sound.

I solve my problem by keep my HTPC running cool (which mean cpu and system fans run low) and it plug in it own power outlet.

Just a thought, nothing hurt to give a try.

Piece....
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


Powered by YAF. Customized for TKaraoke. Privacy Notice