Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: Hai Lúa
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:13:35 AM(UTC)
I have tried a few plugins and here are my thoughts. Please share your own experiences on your favorite plugins.

Rank 1: Sony's Pitch Shift (not free, comes with Sony Vegas).
This is the best real time pitch shifter so far.
UserPostedImage

Rank 2: Delaydots's PitchWorks (free, configured with TKaraoke default presets)
This is very good shifter. It has a limitation (as documented in its manual) that you can't shift the pitch half a semitone (only whole simitone shifting setting can be saved). Hence, you can't configure the presets to shift a quarter note down and quarter note up, for example (only half note down/up).
UserPostedImage

Rank 3: Cakewalk's Time/Pitch stretch (not free, came with Cakewalk's Sonar X1)
A decent pitch shifter. Changing the algorithm to formant-preserving garbled the sound.
UserPostedImage

Rank 4: Waves' SoundShifter (not free, came with Waves Mercury pack)
A very good pitch shifter but a big CPU hogger. Even on an 8 threads PC, it might glitch due to high CPU usage! Not practical for real-time processing.
UserPostedImage

Rank 5: BrainDoc's Pitch-Shifter (free)
Caused some echoing even with wet 100% and 0% feedback.
UserPostedImage

Rank 6: Waves' UltraPitch (not free, came with Waves Mercury pack)
This doesn't seem to produce natural sound for me, doesn't matter which setting I chose. CPU usage is reasonable though.
UserPostedImage

Rank 7: Celemony Melodyne Plugin (not free)
This is a very good pitch correction plugin BUT it's not a real-time processing plugin and hence can't be used to sing live. You'll have to feed the entire sound to it and it will output a pitch-shifted mp3.
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:46:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Em ơi nhớ trả chớ hề xin tha
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
Trả cho hết nợ, may ra có chồng
User: Rian
#2 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 8:15:07 AM(UTC)
Hi anh Hai Lua.

I got Sony Pitch Shift Install. What is a "recommended" setting for Sony Pitch shift? for everyday karaoke?

Thanks
#3 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 8:39:39 AM(UTC)
Pitch Shift means "chuyển đổi tone nhạc". Thấy bài cao quá hát không nổi thì giảm tone, thấy bài nào thấp quá thì tăng tone. Đa số các bài đã dễ hát rồi thì không pitch shift làm gì nữa.

1 semi-tone bằng nữa tone. 100 cents bằng 1 semi-tone. Vậy nếu muốn lên 3/4 tone thì chọn 1 semi-tone, 50 cents.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
#4 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:24:37 AM(UTC)
a Hai Lu'a ...thanks for the explanation...

Sorry I mean I'm using your Hai Lu'a Effects zip file that you posted in TKaraoke. Do I need to put in a setting for Sony Pitch shift for Tkaraoke to be able to apply the pitch shift? (right now sony pitch shift is at 0 semi tones and 0 cents)

When I press #2 in TKaraoke...and up + down arrow ..but didn't hear any tone changes.

User: solnguyen
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:46:22 AM(UTC)
Hai Lua, Sony Vegas Pro sai voi Tkaraoke pro for pitch Shifting, hay la free cung sai duoc. neu sai Sony Vegas as output Windows audio out, lam bang ca'ch nao, is it possible? chi dum cho cam on
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:43:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: solnguyen Go to Quoted Post
Hai Lua, Sony Vegas Pro sai voi Tkaraoke pro for pitch Shifting, hay la free cung sai duoc. neu sai Sony Vegas as output Windows audio out, lam bang ca'ch nao, is it possible? chi dum cho cam on

The shifting is being done on the audio device so Free cũng dùng được. Tuy nhiên, bản Free sẽ không biết để điều chỉnh delay cho video and audio ăn khớp với nhau. Also, Free cũng ko biết để apply Effect nào trong trường hợp nào (user phải chạy reaper manually mỗi lần shift).

Vì khi apply VST Effect, audio phải travel through the VST Host rồi qua các plugins. This will create a delay in the audio. Nếu player ko offset audio thì audio sẽ bị trễ so với video trên màn hình. Pro version biết được nếu enable VST effect thì khi play bài hát sẽ cho audio đi sớm hơn để khi bị delay sẽ ăn khớp với video.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
User: solnguyen
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:59:56 AM(UTC)
Vay neu Sai ban free, Sony Vegas van sai duoc, ban co the huong dan ro hon duoc khong? student so don't have much money for pro thanks
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:07:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
The shifting is being done on the audio device so Free cũng dùng được. Tuy nhiên, bản Free sẽ không biết để điều chỉnh delay cho video and audio ăn khớp với nhau. Also, Free cũng ko biết để apply Effect nào trong trường hợp nào (user phải chạy reaper manually mỗi lần shift).

Vì khi apply VST Effect, audio phải travel through the VST Host rồi qua các plugins. This will create a delay in the audio. Nếu player ko offset audio thì audio sẽ bị trễ so với video trên màn hình. Pro version biết được nếu enable VST effect thì khi play bài hát sẽ cho audio đi sớm hơn để khi bị delay sẽ ăn khớp với video.

Anh Hai Lua oi,

Besides using Tkaraoke Pro...I don't want to throw away my current Arirang Player.

Can I plug it the audio output from Arirang into sound card input (Creative X-fi) ...then let the signal goes thru REAPER (for the great effects) and back out from the same sound card real time? Then this signal will go to mixer to mix with microphone lines?

I also have an idea:
Maybe can you incorporate this in Tkaraoke Pro to support "External" source of music to get all the VST effect in Tkaraoke Pro. The video portion will be taken care separately?

thanks so much in advance,

#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:53:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rian Go to Quoted Post
Anh Hai Lua oi,

Besides using Tkaraoke Pro...I don't want to throw away my current Arirang Player.

Can I plug it the audio output from Arirang into sound card input (Creative X-fi) ...then let the signal goes thru REAPER (for the great effects) and back out from the same sound card real time? Then this signal will go to mixer to mix with microphone lines?

I also have an idea:
Maybe can you incorporate this in Tkaraoke Pro to support "External" source of music to get all the VST effect in Tkaraoke Pro. The video portion will be taken care separately?

thanks so much in advance,

Using software effects is very powerful and cheaper than hardware effects. However, the drawback is the added delay is large enough for Human to detect! The reason why VST effects work well in Pro is TKaraoke is the player and it's aware of the states of the effects. When playing a song, it will play the audio X milliseconds earlier than the video. Effectively, this cancels out the added delay by the VST effects. The value of X is configurable via Pro's Preferences. The Effect Preset itself define its delay value (in case Preset 1 has more delay than Preset 2).

Now if you are using a different player and that player is not aware of the added delay, it will not work. The audio will lag behind the video. This applies for the Free version and the external player like the Arirang. To make it work, you'll have to some how do one of the following:

1. Config the player to play the audio earlier than the video
2. Somehow delay the video X miliseconds

I'm not sure how to do #1 or #2 on the Arirang player though. It is probably impossible to do but I might be wrong.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:56:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:05:06 AM(UTC)
How about making Tkaraoke Pro works with external music signal like Arirang? ....then I can use Tkaraoke Pro to implement VST effect ..Tkaraoke can take input from the Arirang and delay it? ...