Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: Nam Hai
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:19:44 AM(UTC)
I have a few hundred karaoke songs in VOB format.

There is quite a number of songs among those that are duplicated and sung by different singers. How do I create a song list still showing dupliated songs with different singers yet it still populates the same lyric for the repeated songs in lyric column?

It is quite a challenge for me since in Windows Explorer and/or DOS views, these duplicated songs must be named differently by creating certain extra letters, 1 or 2 or 3, or singer named, etc. Yet when uploading to the Lyric database, it won't populate words in the lyric column properly due to such extra distinguish marks put on the name of the repeated songs.

Any work around / idea is greately appreciated. Thanks.
User: Hai Lúa
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:26:45 PM(UTC)
There are many ways to solve this issue. One rigorous way is to add more data to the file name (i.e. adding the album or songwriter info). This extra info will make the file name unique and also give the viewer more info. This is an example:
UserPostedImage

You can see the line in gray to see how I name my files. See this post for more info.

Another less formal but quick way to make the file unique is to add () at the end. When updating lyrics, the lyrics engine will try to match the whole name. If that fails, it will try to match the name w/o the parenthesis. For example, you can name your file like this:
Tuong Niem.vob
Tuong Niem (Tuan Ngoc Version).vob
Tuong Niem (Nguyen Khang Version).vob
Tuong Niem (1).vob
Tuong Niem (2).vob
Tuong Niem (3).vob
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về
User: Nam Hai
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:06:42 AM(UTC)
Hello Hai Lua,

Your guidance is excellent. I was able to produce the song list at the level of details I wish. A lot of time you have saved me. :)
Thanks so much, Hai Lua.

Just have one more question: Could the song catalog created on one computer that was initially connected with an external HD with VOB songs, still work on different computer which connects to the same external HD?

To clarify this question better, this is a scenerio:

I created a song catalog for my VOB files contained in an external HD at home which works perfectly. My brother having a party plans to borrow my HD along with my created song catalog so he can use it to connect with his home computer. Can my song catalong still work on this case? If this works, it would help a lot in saving time & effort for creating another song catalog, then formating the song, and paper printing again, etc ...

Thanks Hai Lua.
User: theunknown
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:20:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tim Le Go to Quoted Post

Just have one more question: Could the song catalog created on one computer that was initially connected with an external HD with VOB songs, still work on different computer which connects to the same external HD?

To clarify this question better, this is a scenerio:

I created a song catalog for my VOB files contained in an external HD at home which works perfectly. My brother having a party plans to borrow my HD along with my created song catalog so he can use it to connect with his home computer. Can my song catalong still work on this case? If this works, it would help a lot in saving time & effort for creating another song catalog, then formating the song, and paper printing again, etc ...

Thanks Hai Lua.

As a user, the answer is yes. As long as there are no changes to the filename or folder structures, it should work the way it is with the same book.

If you like the software so much, why not upgrade it to Pro for $99. By doing this, you do not even need to print any booklets or waste paper. The best part is you can add songs and more remotely with the web interface via any web browsers

User: CaliMoon
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:30:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theunknown Go to Quoted Post
As a user, the answer is yes. As long as there are no changes to the filename or folder structures, it should work the way it is with the same book.

If you like the software so much, why not upgrade it to Pro for $99. By doing this, you do not even need to print any booklets or waste paper. The best part is you can add songs and more remotely with the web interface via any web browsers

GREAT WAY TO "QUẢNG CÁO" ANH TUK...TOTALLY ĐỒNG Ý VỚI ANH "SAVE PAPERS" AND "WEB BROWERS"[thumbup]
Con đường anh đi nếu lỡ như đau buồn
Thì hãy nhớ anh vẫn luôn còn có em
Chờ yêu anh thôi không yêu ai
Em vẫn chờ anh ở đây
Bởi tình yêu dành cho anh vẫn đong đầy