Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: Hai Lúa
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:55:48 PM(UTC)
The following info is out of date. Use the Tracking System to see the current list of requested features.

The following are the requested features. Our developers will look at these and try to add them in the next release of TKaraoke. To request a feature, start a NEW thread - do not reply to this thread. Please reframe from emailing us requesting features. Feature requests should be made on this forum.

Features Requested:
Quote:
[love] Web-based queuing (control TKaraoke over HTTP).
[love] The ability to swap the windows position (i.e. playlist on the right, video on the left).
[love] Implement active search (display results as the user is typing in the keyword, before hitting Enter).
[love] The ability to run TKaraoke in the XBOX 360 and PS3 console (doesn't require a PC).
[love] Display requestor names (who request which songs). Show this info on the video window in the last 10 seconds of each song.
[love] The ability to mark songs as having non-standard audio tracks (i.e. Track 1 is Karaoke and Track 2 is Nhac).
[love] Add equalizer support to enchance the sound.
[love] The ability to run TKaraoke in the Popcornhour NMT Mediaplayer box.
[love] Support changing key/tempo/pitch/speed like Midi Karaoke systems.
[love] Add the ability to rename the song file name right inside TKaraoke.
[love] Add a column to show the song number. This number is the same number in the Song Catalog.
[love] Support KAR format.
[love] Support customized remote control buttons.
[love] The ability to run TKaraoke on a MAC or Linux computer.
[love] Add an option to not show OSD (wait message, audio track info message, etc.).
[love] Remember the Music Volume across runs
[love] While in "dual monitor modes", display the video window on both screens (first and second monitors!)
[love] Remember the customized song catalog string across runs.
[love] Provide a way to add a song and directly add it to the top of the queue
[love] Auto detect if a DVD karaoke is just inserted into the DVD drive. Update songs found on the DVD automatically.
[love] Display random score and show next song info on the video window at the near end of the current song.
[love] Provide a way to generate multiple song catalogs for the same collection (ie. one Vietnamese and one English catalog).
[love] Provide the user the ability to control the song number via an INI file.

Implemented Features:
[thumbup] Shuffle songs (random play).
[thumbup] Change video aspect ratio.
[thumbup] Read songs directly from DVD-ROM drive, DVD Virtual Image, or VIDEO_TS folder on the hard drive.
[thumbup] Support Divx/MP4/MKV files.
[thumbup] The ability to resize the video window while in song-selection mode.
[thumbup] Show the actual location of the file.
[thumbup] The ability to restore songs in the Song Queue (Playlist) from the previous run.
[thumbup] The ability to load favorite songs directly into the Song Queue (Playlist).
[thumbup] Support CD+G and MP3+G formats.
[thumbup] Support dual-monitors.
[thumbup] Hide the mouse point after x seconds on inactivity.
[thumbup] Support pass forward and rewind.
[thumbup] Map the unused remote control buttons to useful functions (start TKaraoke, show song info, skip forward, etc.).
[thumbup] Support changing audio via stereo/mono channel for songs with only 1 audio track.
[thumbup] Play MP3+G files directly from zip files
[thumbup] Reduce the startup time by detecting if there are added/deleted/changed songs or not.
[thumbup] Support custom song naming structure by reading a local INI file.
[thumbup] The ability to rename column names (Tác Giả, Ca Sĩ, Lời Nhạc, etc.)
[thumbup] Show more data when generating the song catalog.
[thumbup] Support Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2008 Server.
[thumbup] Support true song names and songwriter names when playing from VIDEO_TS folder.
[thumbup] Provide a list of duplicate songs detected in the entire collection so the user can take a look and remove duplicate songs if needed.
[thumbup] Support Drag-N-Drop.
[thumbup] Remember the last TKaraoke window posisition and size across runs.
[thumbup] Provide a way to record the singing directly inside TKaraoke.
[thumbup] Cache the lyric data even when there are changes to the song folder.
[thumbup] Support multiple columns sorting.

Edited by user Saturday, January 10, 2015 12:35:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
Sau vài ba tháng đỏ hồng cả cây
Nỗi buồn vương vấn đâu đây
Đưa ta vào chốn lưu đày thế giang
Nghiệp này kiếp trước đã mang
Ngóng trông phép lạ bắt thang ta về
User: ALF
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 03, 2010 8:51:17 AM(UTC)
After putting some thoughts into what I could help to make TKaraoke better and below are My Prioritized Wishes for TSoft/TKaraoke with my Editorial Comments. Of course, it's only personal observations and here the are:

1. The ability to mark songs as having non-standard audio tracks (i.e. Track 1 is Karaoke and Track 2 is Nhac. - Doable; others have done it using Databse. Not certain if TSoft could do it with Web-based.
2. Remember the Music Volume across runs. - Would be nice!
3. Display requestor names (who request which songs). Show this info on the video window in the last 10 seconds of each song. - I like 15 seconds OR during "instrument break" better! - I'm greedy :)
4. While in "dual monitor modes", display the video window on both screens (first and second monitors!) - Would be nice for Laptops!
5. Display random score and show next song info on the video window at the near end of the current song. - I am moving this up on my list because it would be a lot of FUN in The SUN
6. Provide a way to add a song and directly add it to the top of the queue
7. Support changing key/tempo/pitch/speed like Midi Karaoke systems. - I am certain you will have FUN with this one!
8. Implement active search (display results as the user is typing in the keyword, before hitting Enter). - Before or after pressing "Enter" key should not be much problems for me but it would make life a little easier for some!
9. Add an option to not show OSD (wait message, audio track info message, etc.. - I would display the requester's name if available, instead. If not, just suppress the feature.

=====

Not Sure!
?. Add equalizer support to enchance the sound. - for KARAOKE, All songs in a GOOD DVD are all equalized during the recording process. The only thing left would be the KARA singers' vocals - Have fun KJs if you want to sit by the computer to adjust the Equalizer for every singer. BTW - Equalizers are mostly good for OUTPUTs but not INPUTs. Please convince me if I am wrong.
?.Provide a way to generate multiple song catalogs for the same collection (ie. one Vietnamese and one English catalog).
?. Provide the user the ability to control the song number via an INI file.
?. Add the ability to rename the song file name right inside TKaraoke.
?. Add a column to show the song number. This number is the same number in the Song Catalog.
?. Support KAR format.
?. Support customized remote control buttons.
?. Remember the customized song catalog string across runs.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:27:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“Một trà, một rượu, một đàn bà
Ba cái lăng nhăng nó quấy ta
Chừa được thứ nào hay thứ nấy
Hoạ chăng chừa rượu với chừa trà.”

===
Tú Xương
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:49:00 PM(UTC)
The ability to mark songs as having non-standard audio tracks (i.e. Track 1 is Karaoke and Track 2 is Nhac).

Here is my two cents for the programming logic:

A Karaoke song has two tracks in the original VOB format. So, the logic would be: At the begining of the song (Intro), check what track that has sound; that would be the instrumental track for the song. TKaraoke would select that for Karaoke purposes.

I have been out of programming for a while so let me know if I am out in the left field somewhere or lost some where in South America.

[biggrin]

===
Tú Xương
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:11:25 PM(UTC)
With mpeg2, there is no quick way to "check" for which Track is the Nhạc Track. It's like you're in the DARK and all you know is you have 2 tracks. Believe me, anything on this list that is "easy to do" is done already.
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
User: thangmitcon
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2010 12:31:11 PM(UTC)
For the audio track topic, how about having another field as part of the song's name that indicate which track has the singer's voice and then TKaraoke will keyed on that field? And if that is the method, then TKT can be modified to add that field.
To rename existing songs that the users have already accumulated, the BulkRename program can add that extra field in easily. Then it takes a little of work to edit those troublesome discs.
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2010 12:32:01 PM(UTC)
For the audio track topic, how about having another field as part of the song's name that indicate which track has the singer's voice and then TKaraoke will keyed on that field? And if that is the method, then TKT can be modified to add that field.
To rename existing songs that the users have already accumulated, the BulkRename program can add that extra field in easily. Then it takes a little of work to edit those troublesome discs.
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2010 12:38:31 PM(UTC)
thangmitcon wrote:

ALF was talking about determining the right track based solely on the VOB file itself. Of course, if we add-on extra info outside of the Vob file, TKaraoke can read that extra bit of info to know which track is which. The problem w/ the "add-on" approach is that the user must add this info themselves. A lot of users just made the request and then disappeared and never contribute back to benefit others. We don't want to spend the time implementing something right now unless it will be useful and has the potential to grow and benefit a good number of TKaraoke users - especially on the feature that requires users' participation. Most active users on this forum has been MKV users (I might be wrong but prove me) and MKV users can solve this problem easily using TKT's Audio Change feature. Unless there are more users requesting this support for non-MKV files, this will not get done even though it's possible to do (using something similar to the method you proposed).
Lập loè lửa lựu đơm bông
User: Nu_B
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2010 11:39:49 PM(UTC)
Vcdz382 wrote:
ALF was talking about determining the right track based solely on the VOB file itself. Of course, if we add-on extra info outside of the Vob file, TKaraoke can read that extra bit of info to know which track is which. The problem w/ the "add-on" approach is that the user must add this info themselves. A lot of users just made the request and then disappeared and never contribute back to benefit others. We don't want to spend the time implementing something right now unless it will be useful and has the potential to grow and benefit a good number of TKaraoke users - especially on the feature that requires users' participation. Most active users on this forum has been MKV users (I might be wrong but prove me) and MKV users can solve this problem easily using TKT's Audio Change feature. Unless there are more users requesting this support for non-MKV files, this will not get done even though it's possible to do (using something similar to the method you proposed).

Agreed.
[huh]
Here are my observations:
1) There is a small amount of Karaoke DVDs with non-standard audio track (voice on track 2).
2) Encoding from vob to mkv NOT justified because of long process.
3) Overloading TKaraoke with all wishes from 80 million Vietnamese.

Item #1 solution:
* Keep standard vob files.
* Convert non-standard vob files to mkv (maybe it's less than 10% of your collection). So It'll take a few days to get it done instead of months to do all of them.

Item #2 solution:
* You can not get it both way. If you want save hard disk space, you have to give up some video quality.
* If you want to keep the same quality as vob, you can setup TKT doing exactly that or even better with 720P output.
* Again sharing is the name of the game --- you can get non-standard files already converted to mkv from this very forum ... If you are not too picky.

Item #3 Solution:
* The project manager (yes, that's you vcdz) has to weed out non-essential requests because TKaraoke just can not satisfy all Vietnamese in this planet.
* Be careful not to bloat the s/w so that it becomes too sluggist, or too slow to respond.

I think soon or later ... everyone will have all files in mkv format because it is preferred for current and maybe for future technology.

Edited by user Monday, March 15, 2010 12:30:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My PC fights cancers
http://folding.stanford.edu/
UserPostedImage
#9 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 12:24:53 AM(UTC)
Item #1 solution:
* Keep standard vob files.
* Convert non-standard vob files to mkv (maybe it's less than 10% of your collection). So It'll take a few days to get it done instead of months to do all of them.

I agreed. This is what I did yesterday. I realized I only have 5 discs that have non-standard audio, so I started converted them to MKV and then don't have to worry about different audio track anymore.
#10 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 2:49:35 AM(UTC)
Before I started my two cents! [biggrin]

Here are my personal notes:

1. For Personal/Professional reasons and for the time being, I only use original VOB files!
2. My comments on this Forum only pertain to VOBs. So, I may bias with my comments.
3. For a small percentage of hard core Karaoke Singers - Karaoke should be just for FUN ---- Myself included when I have KARA Parties @ home.

=======================

Here are My Personal Observations about TKaraoke (It's just PERSONAL!)

1. TKaraoke seems to be on the right track to be an excellent Karaoke Player.
2. Very good supports via this Forum.
3. TKaraoke is still under development.
4. TSoft trying to do too much to develope TKaraoke to support a small percentage of population(2K is right).
5. It's always a pleasure to see new improvements made to TKaraoke.
6. And many more other reasons...... to support TSoft!

===================

Edited by user Monday, March 15, 2010 2:57:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

===
Tú Xương