Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: Hai Lúa
#1 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 9:43:44 AM(UTC)
Previously, we allowed 2 machines per Pro, provided that you own both in the same household, key with the intention of using a test machine to check out new features and such w/o affecting the main dedicated karaoke machine. With v2 free key upgrade, we got a lot of requests to upgrade key and when upgrading keys, I see a lot of mis-use cases where people actively use multiple machines for the same key. In some cases, the machines are not even in the same state let alone be in the same household. When confronted, people come up with all kind of excuses like "key này của thằng em vợ, chắc nó không biết đi share với bạn" or "I'm an IT instructor, I change machines a lot as part of my teaching course".

Banning a key isn't a friendly thing to do and we rather spend the time making new features to the product than checking for mis-use keys and ban them. Therefore, in v2, the activation will fail automatically if the key has been used on another machine. On the same machine, you can activate as many times as you like. If your machine is broken and you no longer have access to it, Private Message us and we will help removing the old machine so you can activate your new machine. As always, we appreciate your support in TKaraoke and looking forward to adding a lot more modern features to TKaraokePro.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Em ơi nhớ trả chớ hề xin tha
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
Trả cho hết nợ, may ra có chồng
User: Nu_B
#2 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 1:26:11 PM(UTC)
I am guilty.[noi nho]
I activate on my desktop for home karaoke but occasionally I use the laptop for mobile karaoke (Non-commerce used at friend's house).
[treo co]
Should I just use laptop unit only?
My PC fights cancers
http://folding.stanford.edu/
UserPostedImage
#3 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 1:31:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nu_B Go to Quoted Post
I am guilty.[noi nho]
I activate on my desktop for home karaoke but occasionally I use the laptop for mobile karaoke (Non-commerce used at friend's house).
[treo co]
Should I just use laptop unit only?

I think you are fine there. I'm talking about abusive use far from the gray area like your case.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
User: vds
#4 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 1:41:29 PM(UTC)
I'm guilty too. Me and my brother share a key and we've installed Tkaraoke pro V1 on 2 machines. We do this because it was allowed. I have never heard of the "same household" or "for testing purpose only" conditions before until today. Does this mean if we want to upgrade to V2 we have to buy an extra key?
#5 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 1:48:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vds Go to Quoted Post
I'm guilty too. Me and my brother share a key and we've installed Tkaraoke pro V1 on 2 machines. We do this because it was allowed. I have never heard of the "same household" or "for testing purpose only" conditions before until today. Does this mean if we want to upgrade to V2 we have to buy an extra key?

Yes.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
User: tkaraokeuser
#6 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 3:32:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
I think you are fine there. I'm talking about abusive use far from the gray area like your case.

And how do you distinguish between "gray" and "black" areas for this enforcement, anh V?
#7 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 3:35:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tkaraokeuser Go to Quoted Post
And how do you distinguish between "gray" and "black" areas for this enforcement, anh V?

What anh Nub did was he brought his laptop over to his friend's house. There is nothing wrong with that as it's his laptop.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
User: locky
#8 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 4:22:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
Previously, we allowed 2 machines per Pro, provided that you own both in the same household, key with the intention of using a test machine to check out new features and such w/o affecting the main dedicated karaoke machine. With v2 free key upgrade, we got a lot of requests to upgrade key and when upgrading keys, I see a lot of mis-use cases where people actively use multiple machines for the same key. In some cases, the machines are not even in the same state let alone be in the same household. When confronted, people come up with all kind of excuses like "key này của thằng em vợ, chắc nó không biết đi share với bạn" or "I'm an IT instructor, I change machines a lot as part of my teaching course".

Banning a key isn't a friendly thing to do and we rather spend the time making new features to the product than checking for mis-use keys and ban them. Therefore, in v2, the activation will fail automatically if the key has been used on another machine. On the same machine, you can activate as many times as you like. If your machine is broken and you no longer have access to it, Private Message us and we will help removing the old machine so you can activate your new machine. As always, we appreciate your support in TKaraoke and looking forward to adding a lot more modern features to TKaraokePro.

HL,

My key has been installed on 2 PCs @ home, I traded for Pro2 key(installed) build 08 and successfully activated on 2 PCs. Upgraded build 10 on my testing machine OK, yesterday upgrading on playing PC on family room and failed activation (key used on another PC ?).
2 PCs (desktop) there are always at home and never share my key with anyone, why it was failed on the 2nd one?
Pls check on my key
thx

Edited by user Monday, December 03, 2018 4:24:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User: ISAYGLD
#9 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 4:22:58 PM(UTC)
Same case with NuB.
I tried to install on laptop to try to duplicate some bugs on desktop (bug: error message when switching tracks).
But activation didn't allow me to add same key on the laptop. Same household though.
Can you check on my key HL?

#10 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 4:56:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: locky Go to Quoted Post
HL,

My key has been installed on 2 PCs @ home, I traded for Pro2 key(installed) build 08 and successfully activated on 2 PCs. Upgraded build 10 on my testing machine OK, yesterday upgrading on playing PC on family room and failed activation (key used on another PC ?).
2 PCs (desktop) there are always at home and never share my key with anyone, why it was failed on the 2nd one?
Pls check on my key
thx

Since you are a big support of TKaraoke since the beginning of time, I'll make an exception and let your 2nd machine go through. PM CB and ask him to allow your 2nd machine, you can say HL was OK w/ it. On future purchases through, remember that 1 key will only work on 1 machine and the activation server doesn't care if it's in the same household or not. It's just a computer enforcing a particular policy [laugh].
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba