Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: Hai Lúa
#1 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 12:07:01 AM(UTC)
In 1-2 weeks, we will roll out a new TKaroakeUSB build that will support auto volume. When turned on, it will automatically change the preamp volume when the playing songs that are too soft or too loud. This effectively allow you to play any song on your collection w/o having to adjust the volume manually to avoid having too soft or too loud sound. This feature will soon roll to TKaraoke Android and TKaraokePro.

The approach that we take to implement this feature is different than traditional AGC (auto gain control). The AGC feature in TKaraokePro now using VST effect is a type of AGC. Honestly, I don't like any AGC that are out there, especially the China-made one under $100. In theory it claims to normalize the auto but in practice, it can make your songs-that-already-sound-good sounds bad. The reason why traditional AGC can't do well is because they have to process in real-time and w/o causing too much delay, they can only analyze based on millisecond worth of audio data to determine the appropriate volume. This limited data can cause it to make the wrong decision, causing negative effects.

The approach we are using is similar to ReplayGain. We analyze the entire song offline and use this data to adjust the volume when playing the song. This allows us to avoid the two major problems that AGC has: real-time processing requirement and incomplete audio data. With this approach, the entire song is amplified or de-amplifed by the same factor, one quality advantage that AVC can't guarantee because it doesn't have complete knowledge of the entire song. Effectively, our approach is like what you normally would do w/o the auto volume feature: pick up the remote and change the volume when the playing song is too soft or too loud. Note that you change the volume for the entire song, not part of it and then change again in another part of the same song!

Note that our approach is better than normalizing the audio tracks and mux them back into the video file. This encoding of audio files will lose quality and a bad normalizer decision cause permanent damage to the song - you replaced the original audio tracks w/ the encoded one. Our approach doesn't re-encode the audio tracks at all.- hence, no audio quality loss and future builds can make changes to the normalizer decision w/o any side effect because the audio tracks of the song were not temperated with by the older builds.

Our approach has many advantages but also came with one big disadvantage: it takes time to analyze the songs up-front! On a 40000 songs collection, it's estimated to take over a week to finish analyzing the volume data of all the songs. This is a one-time cost that must be done to have the volume data ready when TKaraoke play your songs.

I will provide the songs volume data for my collection so if you bought a package from me, you'll are all set. I will release the tool later so that you can use it to gather volume data for your own collection as well. TKaraokePro can analyze the data on-the-fly but it's recommended to perform offline analysis to improve performance.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed. My initialize testing of this feature shows that it works very very well. I'm excited to use this feature on my next karaoke party.

Demo:

Edited by user Monday, October 16, 2017 8:45:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Em ơi nhớ trả chớ hề xin tha
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
Trả cho hết nợ, may ra có chồng
User: thanhle2999
#2 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 10:55:41 AM(UTC)
Awesome. Looking forward to it. I don't like the AGC in the Pro either. 90% of my collection are normalized to YouSingHD dB level and muxed back in, what I've learned the normalized sound quality is good for all except MP3 and MP2 format.
#3 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 12:13:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: thanhle2999 Go to Quoted Post
Awesome. Looking forward to it. I don't like the AGC in the Pro either. 90% of my collection are normalized to YouSingHD dB level and muxed back in, what I've learned the normalized sound quality is good for all except MP3 and MP2 format.

What normalizer tool did u use and what are the parameters? It is easy to pass the tool bad parameters and get no-so-good results.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
User: thanhle2999
#4 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 2:17:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
What normalizer tool did u use and what are the parameters? It is easy to pass the tool bad parameters and get no-so-good results.

XMedia Recode.
No parameters to set. Options in the audio analysis are multithread and buffer size
Just select the audiotracks and choose either Volume Change (% or dB) or Volume Normalization (dB)
User: Viet Ngo
#5 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 3:14:59 PM(UTC)
Great news. Thank you very much for your hard work. (My VST effect stops working on TKaraoke Pro for some reason.)
User: EnjoyTheSound
#6 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 7:31:33 PM(UTC)
[gimme5] [gimme5] [gimme5]
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:52:29 PM(UTC)
Build 029 released to the Google Play Store. This build supports Auto Volume. To enable it, check Settings => Auto Volume => Enabled. To show the actual volume % set for each song, turn on Troubleshooting Mode under Settings => Advanced Options.

Auto Volume only works on songs that has volume analysis data. If you bought one of my packages, use the attached data and extract the folder "Volume Data" to the root of your collection (where tkaraoke.txt is located, see screenshot below). Note that I don't have the volume analysis data for all of my collection yet. The attached has data for about 9000 songs. I will provide analysis data for the entire collection in a few days. For your own songs, you will have to provide the volume analysis data. You can use my tool to run the analysis on your song folder and save the result (File -> Export JSON) to a file inside the "Volume Data" folder.

UserPostedImage
File Attachment(s):
Volume Data.zip (269kb) downloaded 20 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
User: kennyt
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 4:19:23 AM(UTC)
Where is the tool? Is it tkt?
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 6:22:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kennyt Go to Quoted Post
Where is the tool? Is it tkt?

The tool is not ready for public release yet.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 8:49:58 PM(UTC)
With build 30 or newer, the volume data is shown on the Info Screen so you can see what volume audio track 1 and track 2 have. In the example below, Track 1 has 94.29 dB (decibel) and Track 2 has 92.05 dB. A really loud song has around 100 dB and a really soft song has around 70 dB.

The current Auto Volume logic will boost soft songs (songs with audio track less than 89 dB) to 89 dB. Songs with volume level 89 dB to 96 dB will not have their volume adjusted. Songs with volume higher than 96 dB will get reduced down to 96 dB (if your Auto Volume option is not set to "Enabled (Boost Only)".

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Sunday, October 15, 2017 9:04:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba