Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: sqa4life
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 10:17:37 PM(UTC)
Hi again,
I have issue(s) :-)

I couldn't figure out how to connect/send audio from my LG TV to the XR12 mixer. There is no RCA audio out (I am old school). So, I am considering buying this converter to connect the TV Optical/Digital to it, then get another RCA to TRS 1/4 cable to connect from the converter to the mixer.

Will that work?
Any better solution?
Please advise.

Thank you!

Converter:
https://www.amazon.com/D...al-Toslink/dp/B005K2TXMO

UserPostedImage
User: Hai Lúa
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 10:20:31 PM(UTC)
If you are planning on using the MiBox3, it already has 1/8" stereo jack that you can use. In this configuration, you send audio directly from the MiBox3 to your Mixer, by-passing the TV.
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Em ơi nhớ trả chớ hề xin tha
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
Trả cho hết nợ, may ra có chồng
User: tUyET dEn
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 10:43:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sqa4life Go to Quoted Post
Hi again,
I have issue(s) :-)

I couldn't figure out how to connect/send audio from my LG TV to the XR12 mixer. There is no RCA audio out (I am old school). So, I am considering buying this converter to connect the TV Optical/Digital to it, then get another RCA to TRS 1/4 cable to connect from the converter to the mixer.

Will that work?
Any better solution?
Please advise.

Thank you!

Converter:
https://www.amazon.com/D...al-Toslink/dp/B005K2TXMO

UserPostedImage

Already showed you that in PM...

Mixer: XR12
Sub: B1200D
Speaker: ZLX-12P
Mics: E935, Beta87A, TG-V50D
Player: MiBox 3

User: sqa4life
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 10:51:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hai Lúa Go to Quoted Post
If you are planning on using the MiBox3, it already has 1/8" stereo jack that you can use. In this configuration, you send audio directly from the MiBox3 to your Mixer, by-passing the TV.

Yes. I am planning to use the MiBox3 with tkaraoke for Android.
Good news
So, all I need is a 3.5mm to TRS cable to connect from the MiBox 3 (3.5mm) to the mixer (TRS), right?
User: Phuong Ho
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 4:08:46 AM(UTC)
on a side note. Move the mouse/keyboard usb receiver into USB in 2 or 3 (USB 2.0 Speed) and save usb in 1 (USB 3.0 HighPpeed) for something like external drive or camera.
User: Hai Lúa
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 8:13:40 AM(UTC)
Good news
So, all I need is a 3.5mm to TRS cable to connect from the MiBox 3 (3.5mm) to the mixer (TRS), right?

Correct, you can use a cable similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/C...RID=AJM64EDJFB9N9BDBJH60
Nợ kia dẫu có nặng nề
Em ơi nhớ trả chớ hề xin tha
Nhớ lời dặn của thầy Ba
Trả cho hết nợ, may ra có chồng
User: AZNguy
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 10:18:40 AM(UTC)
Good news

3.5mm to TS (not TRS).

I got mine from Monoprice: https://www.monoprice.co...0&seq=1&format=2

My MiBox3 is connected to the XR12 with 3.5mm-->dual TS cable. It works great and has clean audio.

Edited by user Thursday, March 02, 2017 10:56:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User: tUyET dEn
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 11:14:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AZNguy Go to Quoted Post
3.5mm to TS (not TRS).

I got mine from Monoprice: https://www.monoprice.co...0&seq=1&format=2

My MiBox3 is connected to the XR12 with 3.5mm-->dual TS cable. It works great and has clean audio.

if I use 3.5mm to TRS instead of TS, how would it effect the sound, would it make any difference?

As I understand, TRS (stereo) can be use in TS (mono) place, but TS will only provide mono sound if use in TRS locations. Is this correct?

Mixer: XR12
Sub: B1200D
Speaker: ZLX-12P
Mics: E935, Beta87A, TG-V50D
Player: MiBox 3

User: ISAYGLD
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 12:04:24 PM(UTC)
Pay a little extra go TRS when ever you can.
I found that when I connected TS to the Sub using Aux Out (XR12) it gave me humming noise, replaced with TRS, noise gone.
User: AZNguy
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 12:07:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tUyET dEn Go to Quoted Post
if I use 3.5mm to TRS instead of TS, how would it effect the sound, would it make any difference?

As I understand, TRS (stereo) can be use in TS (mono) place, but TS will only provide mono sound if use in TRS locations. Is this correct?

Let me make it clear: you need a cable that has one stereo 3.5mm (1/8") male connector and TWO mono TS (1/4") male connectors on the other end.
The stereo 3.5mm plug will provide left channel's sound to one TS connector and right channel's sound to the other TS connector. That's stereo. In reality, I have a hard time finding stereo 3.5mm to dual TRS cable. Even if I could find such a thing, I don't know what it is useful for. The 3.5mm plug only carries two UNbalanced mono signals. Even if you have cable with dual TRS connectors on the other end, it won't change the UNbalanced signal to balanced signal. Therefore, it won't make any difference in the sound quality.

Originally Posted by: ISAYGLD Go to Quoted Post
Pay a little extra go TRS when ever you can.
I found that when I connected TS to the Sub using Aux Out (XR12) it gave me humming noise, replaced with TRS, noise gone.

Noise is gone because the AUX OUT and MAIN OUT ports on the XR12 (actually on all modern mixers) have the ability to put out balanced signal via XLR and TRS connectors. In your case, it is best to use balanced cables with TRS or XLR connectors to take advantage of the ability to cancel noise. Most likely, the 3.5mm port on laptops, consumer sound cards, or TV boxes (like the MiBox3) only puts out UNbalanced stereo signal. Therefore, you won't benefit noise-canceling feature even if you use cables with balanced TRS connectors. Furthermore, you probably won't even notice any difference with such a short cable anyway (I'm talking about the 3ft and 5ft stereo 3.5mm to dual TS cable).

Edited by user Thursday, March 02, 2017 1:04:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified