Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User: longus
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2018 9:45:07 AM(UTC)
If you have a newer smart TV with “cast” feature (like Samsung’s Screen Mirroring) you don’t need anything else - connect TV to home WiFi, connect phone/tablet to same WiFi, launch YouTube app, tap the symbol that looks like a rectangle with the WiFi symbol at top of screen to connect to the TV, then search for the songs you want to sing - tap it and a pop up will allow you to play it or queue it.

I did this last night at sister in law’s party - it was a good option to have since her kok player broke, but the song selection was hit or miss based on availability and picture quality was so so. Beat sounded good though (for most part was fairly normalized across the different songs). However, biggest thing I noticed using this method was there were no commercials!

I would still recommend TKaraoke Pro if you’re really into KoK (haven’t tried TK’s android version but have used different players like YousingHD, Giahan and Lemon - and I still prefer TKT) but for casual singing with YT, it’s your cheapest option if TV has feature built in or add ~$30 Chromecast to TV

Happy KoK!
TK Pro
Win10 I7 laptop
8TB Seagate USB Hub drive
Breakaway Audio Enhancer
Lexicon Alpha ext USB sound card
Behringer XR12 digital mixer
QSC RMX1450 amplifier
EV 15” PA speakers w/pwr sub

#12 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2018 11:02:06 AM(UTC)
This feature with Samsung got me more curious- so I have an older smart tv model from Samsung, it’s connected via Ethernet to my network, on the YT app on iPhone, just tapping on the cast symbol and selecting to connect to tv it automatically switch my tv to YT !
TK Pro
Win10 I7 laptop
Breakaway Audio Enhancer
QSC RMX1450 amplifier

User: cay bua
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2018 11:42:59 PM(UTC)
So I tried chromecast today, and it worked great and pretty convenient. use Alexa to Turn on KOK mic, XR12, speakers all plugged into a smart outlet. ipad controls the XR12, iphone get to youtube, hit cast button to chromecast and start queueing songs immediately. I really like it.

on the down side, there're not enough songs on youtube, especially if you want certain singer. still recommend chromecast if you're not picky about songs.

Maybe i'll have to buy KTV unless I can figure out how to pay for Tkaraoke server but not even sure if the songs on their server are up to date. I think KTV has auto update option.
User: tkaraokeuser
#14 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 6:56:46 AM(UTC)
This is to add a note for Youtube karaoke using Chromecast. After playing for a long while, Youtube ads will kick in after each regular karaoke song is played. But it is not that bad to me at all because the ads are also a piece of high quality music that lasts only a few secs. Unless you play a medley that is quite long in duration, then it will kick in while the song is still being played. Otherwise, it is not too much of a nuisance at all for me. This is similar to when you are at a Karaoke bar and a certain song will automatically kick in after someone finishes singing a song. :) You can also pay monthly for Youtube Premium to get rid of the ads altogether, but that is just deemed a waste and completely out of my picture.

You can throw in a little more $ to get the 4K version of Chromecast, too, if you desire. Otherwise, no need to sweat.

Yes, the Karaoke content is restrained to what is available on Youtube itself, of course, your taste of music and your ability to search for what you like to sing. My folks got about 95% of the songs they like to sing w/ the current Youtube content, which I am more than happy to go w/.

I myself have TKPro and yes, it is a really great piece of software. But w/ the seniors as the main users, I've found Chromecast perfectly fits what they need.

And yes, I really like the quality of both audio and video plus the convenience Chromecast helps wirelessly stream for Karaoke purpose. Counting in the very few bucks you need to lay out for the little dongle, only one word for it: Great.

-- Update: The latest firmware of Chromecast got rid of the on-TV screen-ads of Youtube Music service and now has it displayed on the device control (eg. phone, tablet..) as a small window instead. I had it run for an hour and still got no on-TV screen-ads or that high quality music played in-between the chosen Karaoke songs. :) It is even better this way.

Edited by user Monday, December 03, 2018 3:06:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User: Viet Ngo
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 5:58:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tkaraokeuser Go to Quoted Post
This is to add a note for Youtube karaoke using Chromecast. After playing for a long while, Youtube ads will kick in after each regular karaoke song is played. But it is not that bad to me at all because the ads are also a piece of high quality music that lasts only a few secs. Unless you play a medley that is quite long in duration, then it will kick in while the song is still being played. Otherwise, it is not too much of a nuisance at all for me. This is similar to when you are at a Karaoke bar and a certain song will automatically kick in after someone finishes singing a song. :) You can also pay monthly for Youtube Premium to get rid of the ads altogether, but that is just deemed a waste and completely out of my picture.

You can throw in a little more $ to get the 4K version of Chromecast, too, if you desire. Otherwise, no need to sweat.

Yes, the Karaoke content is restrained to what is available on Youtube itself, of course, your taste of music and your ability to search for what you like to sing. My folks got about 95% of the songs they like to sing w/ the current Youtube content, which I am more than happy to go w/.

I myself have TKPro and yes, it is a really great piece of software. But w/ the seniors as the main users, I've found Chromecast perfectly fits what they need.

And yes, I really like the quality of both audio and video plus the convenience Chromecast helps wirelessly stream for Karaoke purpose. Counting in the very few bucks you need to lay out for the little dongle, only one word for it: Great.

-- Update: The latest firmware of Chromecast got rid of the on-TV screen-ads of Youtube Music service and now has it displayed on the device control (eg. phone, tablet..) as a small window instead. I had it run for an hour and still got no on-TV screen-ads or that high quality music played in-between the chosen Karaoke songs. :) It is even better this way.

How do you get music from Chromecast to mixer? Thanks.

User: Mofat
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 6:34:21 PM(UTC)
For my TV, it has Bluetooth so I pair it with a Logitech Bluetooth device (Best buy has them for around 20-25 dollars) which has rca analog outputs. Rca outputs of the Logitech go into the line inputs of the mixer.
-MixWizard 16:2DX
-TC M-One XL
-Yamaha SPX2000
-Lexicon PCM 70
-Shure SLX Beta 87a
-Karaoke Player KHP 8832
-DBX 286A
-DBX 224 AFS
-JBL PRX635/618-XLF

#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 8:42:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Viet Ngo Go to Quoted Post

HDMI in (from Chromecast dongle to TV) -> RCA out (from TV to mixer). I didn't buy anything else for it.
User: Lạc_Quan
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 10:07:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Viet Ngo Go to Quoted Post

Bạn lên Google đánh Google Chromecast là bạn sẽ thấy Google Chromecast dongle.

Cái Google Chromecast dongle dùng để kết nối YouTube với TV.

Khi bạn dùng máy computer desktop, laptop, Ipad, cell phone, endroid tablet(những dụng cụ này bạn phải vào Google download Google Chromecast apps về mới kết nối được với Google Chromecast dongle).

Cái Google Chromecast dongle có build in HDMI cable, bạn sẽ cắm cái dây HDMI vào TV input. Dây USB đầu nhỏ bạn gắn vào Google Chromecast dongle còn đầu USB kia bạn gắn vào TV USB để power up Google Chromecast dongle khi mở TV lên. Nó có USB power adapter bạn dùng cắm vào house hold outlet plug nếu TV không có USB plug.

TV input của cái Google Chromecast dongle, bạn đặt tên input đó ở trong TV setup.

Khi play YouTube ở máy computer đesktop, laptop, Ipad, cell phone, endroid tablet. Ở trong YouTube screen bạn click vào cái ô trắng có wirefi signal(play on TV), pop up sceen bạn chọn input tên của Google Chromecast dongle tức thì YouTube kết nối vào TV.

TV thì tùy theo output signal jack(rca or 3.5mm or digital coaxle) ==> Mixer input(RCA or 1/4" or XLR). Mua đúng dây để kết nối TV vào mixer.

Note: Google Chromecast dongle, TV, và Desktop, laptop, Ipad, cell phone, endroid tablet phải dùng same wirefi mới work.

Edited by user Thursday, December 06, 2018 9:14:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mixer: Behringer XR16
Mixer: Roland VS-2480 CD
Mixer: Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
Monitor Speaker: Roland Power Speaker DS90A
Headphone: PreSonus HD7
Microphone: Wireless mic Sennheiser eW100 G2(old mic), cable mic e835, condenser mic Shure KSM32
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 10:40:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tkaraokeuser Go to Quoted Post
HDMI in (from Chromecast dongle to TV) -> RCA out (from TV to mixer). I didn't buy anything else for it.

After connecting Chromecast (or if you have Samsung or LG smart TV) Look for the "audio out" on back of TV (most likely 3.5mm) connect to that with a 3.5mm to Y-audio RCA cable into your mixer or amplifier

Then go into your TV's setting -> audio (or sound) settings and set audio out to 3.5mm (instead of TV speaker which is default)

That's it
TK Pro
Win10 I7 laptop
Breakaway Audio Enhancer
QSC RMX1450 amplifier

#20 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 1:13:53 PM(UTC)
By the way, VLC Android app has the Chromecast feature, too, if you wanna cast your own Karaoke selection from your NAS or file server.

It will have to decode and encode before casting the content to your big screen TV if your video/audio is not of one of the formats Chromecast supports; but even when video conversion quality is set at "High" in VLC and tested w/ a 4 year-old Android device, it still flies fast and nicely thru. VLC has 4 modes for video conversion when casting: lowest, low, medium, and high.

The drawback is about audio quality. I found it a bit less desirable on audio quality than its Youtube counterpart.

Its interface when in casting mode is still unwieldy and not too user-friendly yet. In order to go back to your directory or list to choose songs, you need to hit the Android's Home button and choose VLC app again. VLC is still running in the background and your song is still being cast.

The encode/decode requirement is however battery drained, more or less depends on your own device's battery and its power management.

I found the 4:3 video aspect ratio for older clips while can be chosen to display as 16:9 or screen-fit on VLC, it got no effect on your big screen TV while casting at all.

As of today, VLC casting is still a bit buggy: somewhat inconsistent and slightly crash-prone. However, it is Chromecast-doable and fits your needs if you want to cast your own Karaoke selection from your own NAS or file server.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 05, 2018 1:22:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified